Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Big B's Boring Blog Balderdash


Arey boss, this big B fellow has been brandishing his bloody blog all over the bloody place man.

I read about it in various papers for the first time last week. There were references to it in various context's, which was what caught my attention. Earlier blogs by film stars (like Aamir's) were all about his latest film & cinema.

But T3B (thats 'The Big B's Blog' henceforth)seemed to cover a wider brief. eg. he used it to respond to a critic's criticism on his latest film Bhootnath (another B! this blog is going to set a record for maximum use of B it looks like).

Interesting, thought I. And just a while back visited it.

I am pretty disappointed. For one, T3B is clearly a commercial venture, in the sense that the hosts are surely paying a bucketful of cash to him for featuring his blog. I guess there are no real issues with that - its a free country. And a pretty neat marketing idea. But blogs are kind of personal. Think about it, if you want to put down some personal thoughts on the net, wouldn't you choose the popular & time-tested places like blogger? Why Bigadda? Unless you are being compensated for it (for the record, am opens to overtures...hint hint). So its personal thoughts that have been monetised. Hmmmm!!

I didn't like the big photo of his that jumps out at you. Blogs are supposed to be about the written word; its not a website that needs to have arresting visuals to engage (which is apprently on its way featuring all 4 of the famous B family, excluding the B who is now an N & including the R who is now a B).

I didn't like the format where each post has a title that says 'Day X'. Sort of cold & impersonal. Seems like the blogger is doing it in a forced manner. Sample Day 27; its been written when the man has a flight to Nice to catch. When I'm due to catch a flight, the only thing I'm writing are reminders to take my tooth brush, my comb (i forgot that on my last trip to london & had to buy a bloody brush from Tesco's for a humongous 400 bucks!), my ticket & extra inner wear. But the man writes A's to Q's. Badhaiyaan & bravo (I warned you about the B's).

I didn't like the fact that there is no easy way to leave a comment. I would have liked to have said all of this over there but I couldn't figure how. And if you browse through them you'll find they are all the gush gush variety. Though the man himself claims that 'there has been the good the bad the ugly the abusive. There has been dissent and criticism and anger and harsh words.' Arey mamu, par kahan hai all this emotional spectrum ke comments?

Finally, the blogger will try & engage his audience, so that the few minutes that someone spends will be worth her while. T3B sounds like any of the man's diplomatic, verbose interviews given in a deadpan delivery. It's basically any of his banal inetrviews of late in verse. Which is worse (pun intended) I'm not sure; but it makes for boring reading. And I won't be going back to check it out a second time.

The Big B needs to lighten up. A lot. Else its a bucketful of baloney all the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an Ass Narayan

Anonymous said...

Boss, blithely blowing-off (a) billion breaks to alliterate... What?

Blog Archive